2013年3月17日星期日

Finding Neverland In Hong Kong...part 3


Part three and my favourite! Walk up the stairs to '2/F District Crime HQ'.... or other's may call it HK's most wonderful toy museum! Kk is devoted and proud to be 'Made in Hong Kong'. His gigantic vintage toy collection, which were all Hong Kong manufactured, expresses his great passion to preserve this bit of history of HK. KK specializes in collecting plastic goods, a very iconic material of 1960's-80s HK. He also collected toys in original packaging. He was so kind to talk me through each piece in detail, from the subtle changes in each packaging, to the date of which he found that particular piece.  I was a little girl in awe and excitement walking up the stairs to rooms filled with toys. I spent a good hour exploring and playing with some of his collection. My photos really don't reflect the impact of his collection...but here are a few snapshots of my experience... i'm leaving room for your imagination!


















沒有留言:

發佈留言