2013年3月16日星期六

Finding Neverland in Hong Kong Part 1


On the last week of Hong Kong, i was so lucky and happy  to be invited to a new friend's house. Although we have not known each other for very long or very well, we both share the interest for collecting, sustaining and appreciating old antiques. My dear new friend KK is simply one of the most interesting and exquisite characters i have met during my time in Hong Kong. His great passion for preserving Hong Kong's past in the form of collecting and sharing precious pieces from the past is truly respectable. It is a big project that not many can endure. Upon arriving at his place, the interesting and artistically put together entrance already excited me. I could have happily sat there in the sunlight for a few hours. Greeted by an antique Monkey toy and his tiny crocodile pal, i already knew i would be stepping into the somewhere quite special. Through the doors and it was a step back into time. It was a great education for a BBC (british born citizen) like me. I got a feel for what life was like back in 60s to 80s of Hong Kong. 

KK kindly took me on a tour around his house and talked me through every piece he had. He is simply not just an antiques collector, he has taken it a stage further and has become a family with these treasured pieces. Unlike most museums where things are guarded in glass box, Kk allowed me to play with everything...it was such an interactive experience. Every piece of furniture had it's own story. Every toy bought a smile to my face. There was surprise after surprise. In every drawer, there was something new to excite me.

 The reason i called this post Finding Neverland is because i truly felt that i had stopped in time... to somewhere very blissful, joyous and simply a lot of fun! At least it was my Neverland for day...

























沒有留言:

發佈留言