2013年3月1日星期五

Christmas in HK!


Believe it or, this will be my third christmas in Hong Kong... and the first two happened when i was one and two years old! The feeling is quite different... Christmas with sun and shorts?... Felt bizarre to me. This year will be the first time i'm spending the special day without my Mummy and Daddy. Every year we celebrate the day by waking up and staring out the frosty window to a white blanket of snow. We then spend the morning preparing christmas lunch... Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets, gravy, the best 'Mummy Mash' in the world and then to finish off... Dessert of Trifle and CHRISTMAS PUDDING (with cream not custard!)
 

Every Christmas evening is then spent with a very special family friend. For ten years, we are warmly welcomed to spend the night with this very special lady. Her name is Diane  (Grandma Diane) and we met by fate 11 years ago... this wonderful story deserves a post of it's own.. so i will tell you later. This year, she knew we wouldn't be spending Christmas together so she surprised me in october with an early Christmas dinner... with all my favorite food! Tears wouldn't stop rolling down my cheeks... 
So... Christmas in HK is a complete new experience, but i am just as excited to spend it with some of my other dear family members. To cure my homesick... i've decorated my room for a bit of christmas cheer
















沒有留言:

發佈留言