2013年6月24日星期一

My love for everything DIY... Up Cycling Fabrics


I have been forever inlove with hand crafts. The thought of turning something old and unwanted into something with life and new purpose  excites me. I have collected yards and yards of vintage fabrics over the past years and i wish to someday have a big enough collection to share with others and pass on the beauty of  these high quality prints. Near where i live there used to be a warehouse that stocked all kinds of Uk made fabrics but after the decline in Uk manufacturers... the warehouse was shut down resulting in rolls of left over fabrics. I was lucky to meet a retired designer who was happy to pass on some of the left over fabrics to me...under the condition that i put my heart into making them into wonderful creations and not let them hide in the haberdashery. 


Below are a couple examples of clothing made from these recycled fabrics. Next will be hand made lamp shades... which will hopefully be done by next month so i will keep you updated!











沒有留言:

發佈留言