2013年8月2日星期五

Hello Bordeaux


This was a last minute girly holiday, booked only the week before we set off. Whilst many people my age would enjoy a wild weekend away in Ibiza with sun, sea and probably A&E.... I feel like my old bones simply couldn't take such 'wild' entertainment anymore. I knew Bordeaux would be the perfect place for me and my two girl friends to relax and enjoy some quality wine. One thing i underestimated was the heat wave that took over Bordeaux! 37 degrees when we landed!!! I never felt so hot in my life! And with Bordeaux being a pretty Green city, not many places had air con either... Ice bags, cold showers and swimming pools were much appreciated!

Since we arrived after their busy festival Les Epicuriales, the town was totally quiet, with only locals and students around the small city. This was the perfect opportunity for me to make friends with the locals and brush up my French... which has been neglected since High school days. The locals were all really friendly and we managed to spark up a few interesting conversations with some wonderfully quirky characters. Being probably the only few asians in town made us easily recognisable in such a small place. One the first day of our trip, we spent the afternoon lazily wondering the whimsical streets of Bordeaux. The locals are definitely very relaxed and nonchalant... not many shops were opened and cafes were filled with families, enjoying wine and people watching. After a long wonder around, we enjoyed an early bird dinner at the acclaimed Le Gabriel Bistro. The price wasn't too bad for the good quality of food. Expect to pay around 25Euros plus a head for a main course and a bottle of wine shared between friends. 

I probably enjoyed myself a little too much and forgot to take photos and document my trip... so i am trying my best to show and share with you my personal experience with very few photos....Forgive me please...but a girl has to play right? 







Sweetest little macaron boutique on the side streets in town. The packaging was so ADORABLE!










A lovely little character awaits you in Le Gabriel






沒有留言:

發佈留言